I first discovered these scissors when I received them as a gift for my 40th birthday. “Scissors? That’s an odd milestone gift,” you might be thinking, and I was mildly sceptical, too. I have a zillion pairs. But oh ho ho, these are special, and now really good scissors are my go-to milestone birthday gift for mendy friends. (I recently tried to buy these for a gift but they were sold out everywhere, which prompted me to order a bunch for this shop so I never run out!)
These are like the Jack-of-all-scissors; they’re small, sharp and precise (great for snipping threads), yet strong, decisive and agile when you need to create new holes (e.g. for reverse appliqué or mending practice) or tidy up raggedy holes before mending. And they’re a great option when traditional scissors are uncomfortable or difficult to use.
They’re the kind of scissors you think you won’t need when you start a project, then wish you had at hand.
- Lifetime warranty
- Suitable for use right- or left-handed
- Easy to use for people with limited hand strength
- Micro-Tip blades allow precise cutting in tight spaces
- Spring action reduces hand fatigue
- Softgrip touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Easy-open thumb lock for safe storage and transport
Made in China from stainless steel (blades) and plastic (handles) and packaged in clear plastic and cardboard with a plastic zip tie.