Get personalised mending advice from me, professional mender Erin Lewis-Fitzgerald, author of the book Modern Mending.
Consultations last approximately 15 minutes and take place online via Zoom. After booking you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom meeting link and some pre-meeting questions.
These consultations are suitable for those who've already read Modern Mending the book, completed my course and/or have already attempted mending in some capacity. (I won't teach you how to darn socks in 15 minutes but I can point you in the direction of appropriate resources where you can learn.)
Potential topics for discussion:
- Troubleshooting – discuss what’s not working with your current mending project and ideas for how to tackle it and move forward
- Unblocking your ‘mender’s block’ – help with choosing colours, designs, mending methods, etc.
- Name that problem – I can deconstruct and identify your particular mending situation so you can help yourself down a Google and/or YouTube research rabbithole
- Mending in a professional capacity – taking commissions, teaching workshops, setting prices, etc.
- Photography – tips and tricks for documenting your mending professionally
If we’re troubleshooting, please set up your webcam or phone camera so I can see what you’re mending, or send me a ‘before’ or ‘in progress’ photo.
After our session I’ll send you a follow-up email with notes and links relevant to our discussion.