This Clover needle set contains two jumbo darning needles with bent tips – size 2.5 x 70mm – in a convenient carry case.
Use them to darn thick jumpers and other chunky knitwear, when you need a blunt tip to avoid splitting yarn. The bent tips allows for easier weaving and grafting with thick yarn, and the blue case makes them easy to find in any mending kit (blunt-tip needles don’t fit in pincushions so need to be stored another way).
- large eyes accommodate thicker yarns needed for darning chunky knits
- blunt tips prevent accidental splitting of yarn
- bent tips allows for easier weaving when darning with thick yarn
- convenient carrying case with a screw-on cap stores needles neatly
- carry-case cap has a loop so you can attach it to a necklace or piece of string, for travel or long darning sessions
These needles are recommended for hand-knit items only, as the blunt tips will not pierce most woven fabric or machine-knit clothing.
For similar needles without bent tips and with more size variety, try these Clover darning needles. For thinner darning needles with sharp tips, try Prym yarn darners or cotton darners. For a larger variety of needle types and sizes try the Prym Combi Card. Explore the full range of needles here.
Needles are made in Japan and packaged in polypropylene, polystyrene and polyethylene plastic by the manufacturer (one hard plastic screw-top case and two clear plastic sleeves).
Want to see how it’s done? Modern Mending the book includes 32 pages of detailed darning instructions.