This mending needle is the perfect tool for fixing ladders (dropped stitches) in fine knitwear. You don’t need a special needle to fix ladders – you could use a crochet hook – but some menders find the latch keeps the yarn or thread you’re mending more secure, which means less mending time and less frustration.
- Small size is ideal for fixing ladders (dropped stitches) in fine knitwear, especially machine knits
- Latch hook makes it easier to secure threads and prevent from dropping them while you work
- Ergonomic design with anti-slip, soft surface
- End cap can be used as a handle extension
- Can be hung around your neck for safekeeping while you work
- Can be used as a thread guide for overlocker threads
Designed in Germany, made in China and packaged in a cardboard and plastic blister pack by the manufacturer.
Want to see how it’s done? Modern Mending the book includes two pages of instructions (with photographs) for ladder repairs, and this video shows the Prym mending needle in action: