This mending needle is the perfect tool for fixing ladders (aka dropped knit stitches) in fine and medium-weight knitwear.
You don’t need a special needle to fix ladders – you could use a crochet hook – but the latch keeps the yarn or thread you’re mending more secure, which means less mending time, less frustration, and a smoother ladder-mending process (no need to remove the hook and reinsert at each row).
It also helps when you're mending a garment made from multi-stranded yarn, allowing you to more easily keep strands together when needed.
- Small size is ideal for fixing ladders (dropped stitches) in fine and medium-weight knitwear, especially machine knits
- Latch hook makes it easier to secure threads and prevent from dropping them while you work
- Ergonomic design with anti-slip, soft surface
- End cap can be used as a handle extension
- Can be hung around your neck for safekeeping while you work
- Can be used as a thread guide for overlocker threads
Designed in Germany, made in China and packaged in a cardboard and plastic blister pack by the manufacturer.
Want to see how it’s done? Modern Mending the book includes two pages of instructions (with photographs) for ladder repairs using a crochet hook, but it's even easier with a latch hook!
This video shows the Prym mending needle in action:
This shop is in maternity mode ٩(｡•́‿•̀｡)۶
This shop is in maternity mode and will resume shipping orders on 9 September.
After your order has been packed, you will receive an email notification with your Australia Post tracking number, which you can use to check on the delivery status of your order.