Iron-on patches don’t have to be boring! Nuno Deco tape and sheets are made from gorgeous woven fabric with a thin layer of adhesive added, combining style with convenience.
Nuno Deco tape and sheets are perfect for rips, frayed seams, holes and stains on clothes, canvas shoes and tote bags, and for decorating paper, glass and metal. They’re washable and resistant to fraying – just iron on and stitch to secure.
I first bought Nuno Deco products on a trip to Tokyu Hands department store. Most recently I’ve used them to mend holey sweatpants, to extend face-mask fabric layers cut with too small a seam allowance, to seal small crotch rips before machine darning, and to beautify botched author signatures on Modern Mending the book (whoopsy).
- Optional: trace a shape or design onto the backing paper.
- Cut the tape/sheet to your desired length and/or shape.
- Optional: write on the fabric side of the tape/sheet with a permanent marking pen (fabric side only – don’t write on the adhesive side).
- Peel off the backing paper and stick the tape/sheet on the area to be mended.
- Iron without steam for 20-25 seconds, then allow to cool before touching. (When decorating non-fabric items such as paper and glass, there's no need to iron.)
- Stitch with a needle and thread (by hand or machine) to secure.
Nuno Deco tape and sheets have permanent adhesive, but for best results I recommend stitching to secure the mend and prevent peeling edges (particularly for stretch fabrics).
This product is not recommended for thin, delicate or waterproof fabrics that cannot be ironed at a medium temperature. It might not adhere to coated or uneven materials. When washing, the colour may fade or transfer to other clothing. Avoid bleach and do not dry clean.
Made in Japan and packaged in a clear PET plastic box with paper insert by the manufacturer. Cloth is 100% cotton (except the blue/white striped sheet, which is 70% cotton / 30% polyester) with an adhesive resin backing.
Each sheet measures 8cm x 50cm. For thinner fabric tape try Nuno Deco tape.
To make your own iron-on fabric tape, try fusible web.
This shop is in maternity mode ٩(｡•́‿•̀｡)۶
This shop is in maternity mode and will resume shipping orders on 9 September.
After your order has been packed, you will receive an email notification with your Australia Post tracking number, which you can use to check on the delivery status of your order.