The Gleener fabric shaver and lint brush – aka The Ultimate Fuzz Remover – removes pilling, lint and pet hair from just about any fabric.
Fabric depillers are one of my favourite things to test out – I’m always on the hunt for the best. For me, what sets the Gleener fabric shaver and lint brush apart is that it works on a wide range of fabrics, including synthetic, blended and delicate fabrics (which can be resistant to, and/or damaged by, other fabric combs). And I love the built-in lint brush, which makes cleaning up a breeze after a big depilling session.
It’s my favourite tool for reviving second-hand knitwear (which often has fabric blends with more stubborn synthetic fibres than I’d prefer), and for when I’m donating or selling thoroughly loved kids’ clothes and want them to look their best.
- 3 different edges eliminate pilling, lint and pet hair from virtually all fabrics
- built-in lint brush collects fluff and pet hair for a professional finish
- patented ergonomic design
- travel pouch included (where you can store the instructions, so you’ll never forget which edge does what)
- quick and easy to use for instant gratification
- no batteries or electricity required
- depilling is a fun, soothing process with mental health benefits*
* sample size of one
It’s suitable for use on:
- clothing, sheets, blankets, rugs, furniture and car seats
- natural fibres: wool, merino, angora, cashmere, pashmina, silk and cotton
- synthetic fibres: acrylic, rayon/viscose, polyester, nylon, Spandex/Lycra/Elastane, microfiber polyamide
The Gleener comes with three edges, each designed to revive a different type of fabric:
- EDGE 1 is ideal for big and bulky fabrics, such as heavy woollens, synthetics and blends, rugs, chunky scarves and heavy-duty upholstery.
- EDGE 2 is best for medium fabrics, like cashmere, merino, finer wools and fleece.
- EDGE 3 revitalises summer knits, T-shirts, silk blends, linens and ultra-delicates.
Safety warning: Although the Gleener is safe to use on delicate fabrics, it is also fun to use – and it is possible to damage some fabrics with it if you get over-excited and carried away. Ahem. Apply gentle pressure to seams and bulky areas when using it, and if you’re unsure about a particular fabric or garment, start with edge 3 (the finest edge) and work your way up.
Made in China from plastic and various materials, and packaged in a plastic box.
If your knitwear is mainly of the cashmere and woollen variety and you don’t need all the Gleener’s bells and whistles, try the EEZY Fabric Comb – a smaller, simpler fabric comb made here in Melbourne, Australia.
Did you know you can use a fabric depiller to invisibly mend knitwear? Modern Mending the book includes instructions on how to do it.
This shop is in slow mode so I can enjoy a better work-life integration as a shop owner and mum of two tiny tots. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
I'm currently dispatching orders once a week; place your order by 5pm Thursday Melbourne time (AEST) for dispatch the next day (Friday).
Australia Post has been experiencing significant delays. If you select Express Post at checkout, it will speed up Australia Post's delivery timeframe but won't speed up my process.
After your order has been packed, you will receive an email notification with your Australia Post tracking number, which you can use to check on the delivery status of your order.
Customers in Northcote, Thornbury and nearby suburbs (subject to capacity) can select local delivery at checkout. Local delivery is extra-slow and coincides with my pram-walking/kid-wrangling schedule, up to one week after purchase. ٩(｡•́‿•̀｡)۶