Love the look of sashiko-style mending but don't know where to start? Kate has put together a splendid sashiko kit for beginners with everything you need to start mending jeans and other clothing. Packaged in a gorgeous navy denim zippered pouch with a felt 'first-aid' cross, each kit contains enough material to mend at least two average-sized knee holes.
- an easy-to-follow, step-by-step starter guide to sashiko mending
- 2 x skeins of Olympus sashiko thread from Japan (white and grey variegated)
- 2 x Olympus sashiko needles from Japan
- 3 x unique pre-cut patch fabrics (see note below)
- fabric pins
- fluorescent orange sewing thread for basting (temporarily stitching) fabric in place
- sticky water-soluble stabiliser, pre-printed with a dot grid (the easiest, quickest way to transfer designs onto fabric)
- fusible web (optional) for easier mending
Made by Sewing with Kate in Sydney, Australia, from Japanese and Australian materials.
NOTE: Each kit contains one-of-a-kind natural fabrics (high-quality linen, denim and/or cotton remnants or offcuts to reduce fabric waste); fabrics shown here are for reference only.